Liberal Video Bootcamp 2.0
We did it last year – and all agreed it was a blast!
In response to multiple requests from friends and partners, the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) will be conducting a second - slightly modified - edition of the flagship “Liberal Video Bootcamp”. The venue of the action will once again be Colombo, Sri Lanka.
We’ve fixed the dates from August 27 to September 01, 2018 and decided on the objectives: Once again, this hands-on workshop aims to empower the participants on how to produce and market short, high-quality videos using the smartphone only.
No, this is not a carbon copy of last year’s successful event.
“Liberal Video Bootcamp 2.0” is a course for advanced learning. We are NOT looking for beginners this time, but for online liberal activists who already use their phone to shoot video to spread freedom messages digitally – and are now out to improve their skills. This is a regional activity which aims to bring together members of liberal organizations and liberally minded individuals from all South Asian countries.
The objectives of Liberal Video Bootcamp 2.0 are as follows:
- Participants are capable to produce short, high-quality videos to promote their liberal campaigns using a smartphone.
- Participants learn to plan a video project from scratch defining the (strategic) goal, developing the concept, writing the script and scouting the environment of the shoot. This time, a special emphasis will be on this phase: Pre-Production.
- Participants will recap what they need to know about producing video with a smartphone – with a focus on Kinemaster, which all participants need to master ahead of the workshop.
- Participants are in the position to edit their recording (video and audio) using Kinemaster. (Post Production).
- Participants learn how to share their video with target groups (Marketing).
- Participants understand the benefits of live video sharing formats (Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Instagram Live) and are in the position to use these formats (with a focus on the editorial side of live broadcasting).
Does this sound interesting? If so, your application should reach the mailbox of Ms. Vineeti Singh (Vineeti.Singh@fnst.org) no later than July 08, 2018. Please send us a short resume highlighting your activism for liberal causes, information about your experience with video and online campaigns and, lastly, why you believe we should invite you to the Bootcamp. As this is all about video, you increase your chances of being invited if you send us all this information in a video clip which should not be longer than two minutes only.
As inspiration we invite you to watch the #MannequinChallenge, a joint production from last year’s Bootcamp.