Liberal Innovation Bootcamp
Freedom means change.
Only if we change, we will find answers to tomorrow's questions.
And the most liberal response to change is innovation.
Innovation enables individuals and organizations to adapt to the waves of disruptive change brought by demographic and geopolitical shifts and by new and emerging technologies.
Liberals have a profound interest in knowing and utilizing these trends because we believe that progress is a positive thing, not something to be feared. We need to be avant-garde to check, assess and make these trends accessible for our stakeholders from a liberal perspective. This includes not only to think about what new technologies can offer but also how they can be used to promote freedom digitally.
We believe that innovation must be linked to an important story told in a compelling way. Innovators need the right vehicles to communicate with each other in order to tell their stories. Innovative organizations can use the art of creative storytelling to open up alternate possibilities and strategies that will stand up in any scenario.
Therefore, as the creative innovation platform for the social communication of freedom, empowering our partner organizations and ourselves with the latest communication skills becomes all the more indispensable.
The emergence of Extended Reality (XR) together with new social media platforms create brand new avenues for us to learn, experiment and communicate our liberal message to the world.
Thus, in an effort to lead from the front, the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) in New Delhi is organizing a workshop from October 14-19, 2019 in Bengaluru, India.
This is a regional activity which aims to bring together members of liberal organizations and liberally minded individuals from all South Asian countries.
This hands-on workshop aims to empower participants with skills based on the following objectives:
- Participants are capable to produce content with innovative formats to promote liberal campaigns as compelling stories using a smartphone.
- Participants learn the basics of strategic communication and know to plan a video project defining the (strategic) objective, developing the concept, writing the script and preparing the logistics for the production.
- Participants learn everything they need to know about storytelling as a critical necessity for producing video content with a smart phone including basic knowledge about hard and software, lightning and audio, location etc.
- Participants understand the specifics of three distinct platforms (Facebook Spaces, Instagram Live and IGTV) and know why and how to use each one to meet their objective.
- Participants are in the position to use relevant apps/software for storytelling.
- Participants discuss good practices regarding the marketing of their content and appreciate the relevance of a content marketing strategy.
Does this sound interesting? If so, your application should reach the mailbox of Ms. Vineeti Singh (Vineeti.Singh@fnst.org) no later than September 09, 2019.
Please send us a short resume highlighting your activism for liberal causes, information about your experience with video and online campaigns and, lastly, why you believe we should invite you to the Bootcamp.
Meanwhile, we invite you to spread the word using the hashtag #InnovatingFreedomStories.