The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is an international non-profit organization promoting the ideas of liberal democracy, respect for human rights, good governance, economic freedom, and digital transformation.
The Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) in New Delhi is looking for a young, creative and enthusiastic individual for the position Communications Officer. The Communications Officer will work closely with the Head of the Regional Office and the programs team. We are offering a one-year contract subject to renewal.
Functions and duties:
- Implements the communications strategy across the region.
- Manages and regularly updates the Regional Office’s website and social media platforms.
- Works with program managers to write reports, articles, and social media updates etc.
- Works with the creative agency to conceptualize and design graphics, videos, infographics, presentations, etc.
- Ensures corporate branding and marketing guidelines are adhered to.
- Develops other communication tools (newsletters, pamphlets, project briefs) as needed.
- Conducts media outreach campaigns to raise awareness about liberal values and ideas in the region.
- Identifies the resources, key audiences, messages, and communication channels.
- Drafts and disseminates news releases to radio, television, and electronic media outlets.
- Conducts monthly media monitoring of the Regional Office’s digital communication platforms, compile and circulate to all staff.
- Updates and maintains a country-wise media list in a web-based database.
- Conceptualizes and executes global campaigns in sync with the Foundation’s head office and project offices around the globe.
Qualifications and skills:
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with a master’s degree in journalism, media, marketing, etc. Previous work experience in the field of politics, business, journalism or civil society is strongly desired. We expect the candidate to have excellent communication skills with strong writing and editing competence in both English and German. She or he should have a keen interest in current affairs and politics with special reference to public policy debates, human rights and economic issues. We are looking for a team player, who is willing to travel and, last not least, has a passion for freedom and liberalism.
What we offer:
- A challenging and diverse work environment in an international organisation
- Work on projects with high relevance for economic, political and social debates
- Introduce and implement own project ideas
- A competitive compensation package
- Regular training and skill development programs in India and abroad (mainly Germany)
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you believe that you are the best candidate for this position, your resume and links to previous work you have done to email@example.com.