The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is a German liberal foundation with offices in over 50 countries and projects in more than 70 countries. FNF has been working in Bangladesh since 2012 to promote economic freedom, good governance, digital transformation and smart cities.
FNF has been awarded a three year contract by the European Commission to implement the project “Digital Citizenship”. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a safe and secure digital environment for Freedom of Expression (FOE) and critical thinking in Bangladesh, especially for young people from disadvantaged groups and remote areas.
To accomplish the project objectives a three-pronged approach will be utilized. First, young people will be addressed directly, through interactive learning sessions and the availability of an e-platform with relevant content. The objective will be to familiarise them with the concept of digital citizenship and enable them to express themselves freely and safely on social media. Secondly, the action will raise awareness and knowledge of journalists as well as teachers of digital security issues. This will enable them to guide and support young people in navigating cyberspace. Finally, the project will be working with policy- makers and regulators to ensure that the regulatory and legislative reforms become more enabling and encouraging for young people to freely and safely express themselves
The local implementing partner of the project will be Dnet. Dnet is a not-for-profit social enterprise providing solutions and implementing development projects for the improvement of the life of women, children, and the youth.
Program Manager- Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, Bangladesh
Location: Uttara, Dhaka with frequent travel to partner (Dnet) office in Mohammadpur, Dhaka and project implementation areas outside Dhaka.
Reports to: Project Director, FNF Sri Lanka and Bangladesh; Country Representative, FNF Bangladesh.
Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for management and monitoring of the project ensuring implementation of the project by the partner as per the plan of action.
Employment Start: February 15, 2020 (negotiable)
Duration: 3 years
Salary: Negotiable based on qualification and experience
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and monitoring of the European Commission project, “Digital Citizenship.”
- Close coordination with the Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Bangladesh and sending reports and documentation as per the agreement.
- Functions as contact person/liaison to the partner organization, government agencies and key persons relating to the EU Project.
- Moderate, facilitate, and design workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Draft reports and social media content about the Foundation’s activities and other related issues.
- In the absence of the Finance Manager, coordination with the partners and the donors to respond to financial queries.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor(s). The incumbent periodically will be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description given above.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in any discipline preferably in Social Science or Business related fields from a well reputed university.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the international development sector, and/or other related organizations and sectors.
- Strong communication skills (both English and Bangla).
- Well versed in using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent IT knowledge on advance MS excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience in reporting to and working with donors in the international development arena (preferred).
- Strong project management experience.
- Innovative mind-set oriented toward constructive problem-solving, proactive strategic development and thought leadership.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the project locations.
Interested candidates send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline and write the name of the position you are applying for in the email subject.