Digital art is a powerful way of communication, understood and cherished by most of us. To enrich our perspective, we wish to explore - and document - how you as an artist, portray the topic "What does it mean to have Individual Freedom as a Bangladeshi?" as a digital book cover art.
The Project Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF Bangladesh) in Dhaka invites artists, cartoonists, illustrators, designers and doodle enthusiasts passionate about individual freedom in Bangladesh to join this initiative. We will be more than delighted to receive artworks which depict the question "What does it mean to have individual freedom as a Bangladeshi?".
We strongly encourage artwork produced using innovative formats. We plan to publish one of these works on our upcoming book as a cover art, which we hope will inspire the discourse about the importance of individual freedom in Bangladesh for the societies we live in.
The winning visual will be featured as a cover art in the upcoming book of FNF Bangladesh, following the essay writing competition we conducted in 2019 and will be launched at an event in Dhaka in 2020. The digital artwork will be also used on our website, social media posts and other spaces.
Winners and Prizes
- The Jury will select one winner.
- The winner will receive BDT 10,000.
- The winner will also receive 2 copies of the published book.
- The winning digital artwork will be owned by the Project Office (FNF Bangladesh) in Dhaka.
Eligibility & Rules
- The artwork must be original and not published before anywhere else.
- The artwork should be in either of the following formats: .ai, .psd, .eps, JPEG2000, .psp or lossless JPEG.
- The artwork submitted in innovative formats should be emailed with details and specifications.
- The artwork must include the title of the book, which is "What does it mean to have individual freedom as a Bangladeshi?".
- The artwork must include both front and back cover.
- The competition is open to anyone who is a Bangladeshi.
- A participant can only submit one entry.
The rights to the digital artwork made as part of the project belong to the organisers. The artworks will not be used for any commercial purposes. Artists will have complete rights to show and exhibit their submitted work.
High quality file of the digital artwork should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29 February 2020. Please also add your full name and city you reside in.
We would also like to showcase the making of these digital paintings and hence we highly encourage you to either send us pictures, videos/screen shots which we will use to popularise this campaign or use #IndividualFreedomBD and tag @fnfinbangladesh when you share pictures and videos from your social media accounts.
The winner will be requested to provide editable files of the visual representation developed. FNF Bangladesh will use the winning artwork in non-commercial uses and will always pay due credit to the artist in all uses.
The prize will be sent to the winner's bank account via wire transfer.
The winner will be announced publicly via FNF Bangladesh’s digital media channels and asked to give an interview to be published on FNF Bangladesh’s social media accounts and other spaces.