CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Friedrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit (FNF) is the coordinating authority under the European Instrument for Capacity Development and Promotion of Diversity for Inclusive, Sustainable Growth in India (DCI-NSAPVD/2015/368-620) for the action titled ‘Enabling civil society to build accountable and transparent governance in Mumbai & Delhi’. The implementing partner under the European Union funded project is Praja Foundation based in Mumbai and having an office in New Delhi (www.praja.org/).
PRAJA ORGANISATION OVERVIEW
Praja is a non-partisan voluntary organization enabling accountable governance. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspective so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build the awareness of, and mobilize action by the government and elected representatives
Purpose: A part objective of this project is to assist young or emerging organisation working in the areas of urban governance, accountability and transparency. This will enable their capacity and thus put in place long term sustainability for better Governance in India. Thus we are inviting proposals from organisations working in towards youth empowerment and improving governance by direct participation from the youth Mumbai/Delhi. Praja will provide staff training and capacity building support necessary to staff of the selected sub-grantee.
Funding & Timeline:
This call for proposal is for a sub-grant of up to a maximum of 10,000 Euros for a period of 24 months from August 15 2017 – August 15 2019.
The proposal must include the following aspects:
- The organisation will work on the topics of transparency, accountability and urban governance
- The organisation will work towards empowering socially excluded communities or by groups affected by discriminatory social norms or itself diverse/inclusive.
- Engage with youth through projects on the importance of participating in governance and helping them understand the discourse of governance. The organisation will work on issues of dissemination information to the youth group, empowering them to make more informed decisions with regard to civic issues in the city.
- Engage in capacity building of the youth and capacitating them with the skills to be better citizens, making them aware of their rights and the social impact citizens can create.
- Organisation which have had experience and are currently working in the sectors of primary health care, crime policies in India and education for the lesser privileged communities/sections of the society.
- Previous experience (preferably at least three years) in working on issues of governance and capacity building.
- The organisation should have a Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) clearance.
- CSO will be asked to submit a detailed project proposal and a detailed budget for “applying” for a sub-grant.
Proposals should be sent to Ms. Puneet Kaur or Ms. Rashmi, at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, no later than 5 pm on August 10, 2017. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. All proposals will be assessed we will get in touch only with short-listed applicants for further discussions.