Digital South Asia
Digital technology is changing our lives. It’s fair to say that everyone is affected – more or less.
Digital transformation is a historical megatrend, some call it a revolution.
While optimists celebrate the disruptive power as liberation and empowerment, others warn of growing surveillance and loss of individual privacy.
We invite you to share your images of digital transformation.
How do you see the technological changes and their impact through the lens of your camera or smart phone?
Please join DIGITAL SOUTH ASIA Photo Competition 2017.
Be part of a regional visual interaction that wants to showcase how people in this part of the world envision the changes around them.
Senior members of the Regional Office of the Foundation will select the 12 winning pictures. We will give a cash prize of INR 5000 to each of the photographers of our favorite shots. The winning images will also feature in our annual calendar for 2018 to be launched in December. We will distribute the calendar widely in the region and beyond. Of course, we will give credentials to the photographers of the featured work.
Share your pictures with others - and win.
September 20 2017: Entry opens
October 31 2017: Deadline
November 10 2017: Announcement of Winners
November 20 2017: Distribution of cash prize
December 15 2017: Launch of the annual calendar 2018
Details to enter the competition:
- Must be uploaded in .jpeg/.jpg format
- Should be saved with a medium to high quality.
- Capture Resolution above 3264x2448 Pixels | 8 Megapixel
- Should have an embedded ICC profile. CMYK is recommended for color pictures, Gamma 2.2 for black and white.
- Pictures must not show the name of a photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself).
- All pictures must have accurate captions, written in English only
- Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted. The following are not accepted:
- Multiple exposures, polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, and so forth)
- Stitched panoramas, either produced in-camera or with image editing software.
- Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF), without any remuneration being due.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF). The copyright holders will hold the Regional Office of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.