CALL FOR PROPOSALS
This call for proposals is under the European Union funded project titled ‘Enabling civil society to build accountable and transparent governance in Mumbai & Delhi’. The Friedrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit (FNF) is the beneficiary organization for the project, and the main implementing/formal partner for the beneficiary in this project is Praja based in Mumbai and having an office in New Delhi.(http://www.praja.org/).
PURPOSE OF THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
A part objective of this project is to assist organizations working in the areas of urban governance, accountability and transparency. This will enable their capacity and thus put in place long term sustainability for better governance in India. Concern over safety and security in urban areas has grown acutely over the past years, especially as it relates to police efficiency and ability to respond. Information about policing is not always easy to come by. Toward this, Praja has in its urban report cards, highlighted the status of policing in Mumbai and Delhi. Praja is looking to sharpen its focus on policing through working with other organizations to measure the accountability of the police.
We are inviting proposals from organizations working in the field of police accountability and reforms, transparency in the policing systems and oversight mechanisms in one of the two cities of Mumbai or Delhi. The selected organization will gather relevant objective data on complaints against the police and analyze the data to work towards creating a data outreach.
FUNDING & TIMELINE
This call for proposals is for a sub-grant of up to a maximum of 10,000 Euros, for a period of 18 months from August 15, 2017 - January 15 2019.
The proposal must include the following aspects:
- Credentials and qualifications of the applicant including details of previous work in urban governance and /or policing issues
- Brief outline of the proposed research, and how it fits into the organisation’s priorities
- Break up of activities and timeline
- The applicant should have demonstrable previous experience (preferably at least three years) of data collection, research and writing on issues relating to policing and urban governance;
- The applicant should have a Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) clearance.
- The applicant should be committed to working on transparency, accountability and urban governance in the long-term, and be willing to engage with stakeholders along with Praja in taking forward the advocacy based on the research findings.
Proposals should be sent to Ms. Puneet Kaur or Ms. Rashmi, at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, no later than 5 pm on August 10, 2017. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. All proposals will be assessed, we will get in touch only with short-listed applicants for further discussions.
Praja is a non-partisan voluntary organization enabling accountable governance. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspective so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build the awareness of, and mobilize action by the government and elected representatives.